Thursday, April 15, 2010

Listen, Listen

Besides all of the distractions sometimes life seems a moment to moment bliss. I sit with my eyes open and I can not contain the energy that streams through my limbs. It feels like my blood is on fire.

Some days I sit and while I concentrate I hear the soft sounds of life- the cars on the road, the hum of the fridge or the rickety noise of the heater.

And it is like
a lover walking the room
naked.

Every sound is a kaleidoscope of colour. Rainbows streaming.
And what is it?
The cough of a neighbour, the paws of my cat on the hard wood, the taps of my fingers on the keyboard.

In this calm place I know something beyond myself.
Any word you say splits it in two.
Don’t say God, don’t say neurons, don’t say universe, don’t say transcendence.
Don’t Don’t say it.

What did you hear today?

No comments:

Post a Comment